Job Title: Communications & Social Media Coordinator
Department: All departments
Status: Part Time
Reports To: Chief Communications Officer
Job Summary: The Communications & Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for producing timely promotional material for The Redwood Library & Athenaeum’s events and programs, as well as managing the Redwood’s online presence across various online listings and social media channels. Cultivating a consistent brand image that reflects the Redwood Library and Athenaeum’s mission and goals is a top priority.
1. Writing weekly member eblasts
2. Contributing to monthly printed event calendar which includes developing internal timelines for programs and exhibitions
3. Contributing to written and visual content of institution’s website
4. Assisting in writing and managing publicity for programs and events in local media, calendars, websites, and social/digital media
5. Creating content for weekly blog posts on the website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
6. Handling all incoming site rental inquiries and scheduling of site visits under the Supervision of the Director of Development and Programs
7. Undertaking special projects and other duties as needed
1. Four-year college degree with relevant work experience
2. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
3. Excellent time management skills
4. Excellent communication skills in both oral and written form. Must have ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, library members, and the general public.
5. Organized and detail-orientated
Qualified Candidates should reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume.
Deadline is Friday, January 4, 2019.
Love libraries? Love books? Love doing projects that make a difference? Then we need you!
The Redwood has many opportunities for volunteers to help throughout the library, from helping with the Annual Book sale to special projects involving the collections.
Volunteers are also most welcome for their help in the following areas:
Students interested in community service projects are also welcome to become involved.
Please call the library for details at 847-0292.