The Redwood Library and Athenaeum offers digital reproductions of items in our collections for research, publication, and commercial use.
- To submit your request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the information requested below. You may also mail your request to The Redwood Library and Athenaeum, c/o Special Collections, 50 Bellevue Ave., Newport, RI 02840, but please be sure to include the information on this page.
- Not all usage and reproduction requests can be accommodated due to possible violation of copyright laws, material format, or preservation concerns.
- Orders are subject to Rhode Island state tax unless a non-profit identification number is given.
- Prepayment is required for all requests. Upon receipt of payment, the order will be completed as soon as is possible. Orders requiring new photography may take longer.
- Permission is granted for one time use only. Material may not be used in any other editions, language or format.
- Each additional future use requires an additional request and fee.
- It is strictly prohibited to alter, resell, duplicate, or publish any image from the Redwood Library and Athenaeum without prior written consent.
- All reproductions must carry the following credit line (either next to each reproduction or in a separate credits section):
Redwood Library and Athenaeum, Newport, Rhode Island
[Name of specific collection or donor, when applicable.]
- Failure to credit properly may result in denial of future request of permission.
- The applicant will supply the Redwood Library and Athenaeum with two gratis copies of the final publication in which the image is reproduced.
- Permission for usage is granted for one time use only.
Please include the following information in your request:
User Information: Name/Organization/Tax Exemption Number/Address/City/State/Zip Code/Email
Image Information: Title/Author, Artist, Creator/Publisher, Producer/ID Number, Call Number
Usage Information: Personal Research/Book/Magazine/Lecture/Website/Film/Exhibit/Other
What are you planning to use this image for?
Please provide us with any and all information available on the publication or production in which the image will be used.
Image reproduction (for personal research purposes only)
Image reproduction and usage (for publication and commercial use)
Digital File: TIFF/JPEG/PDF
DPI (Image Quality): 300 dpi/600 dpi (if possible)
If you have any questions about image reproduction and usage, please email email@example.com.