Monday: 9:30am - 5:30pm
Tuesday: 9:30am - 5:30pm
Wednesday: 9:30am - 8:00pm
Thursday: 9:30am - 5:30pm
Friday: 9:30am - 5:30pm
Saturday: 9:30am - 5:30pm
Sunday: 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Scheduled Library Closings for 2017:
Martin Luther King Day: Monday, January 16
Presidents' Day: Monday, February 20
Easter: Sunday, April 16
Memorial Day: Monday, May 29
Independence Day: Monday, July 3 and Tuesday, July 4
Gala, Saturday, July 15: close early
Victory Day: Monday, August 14
Labor Day: Monday, September 4
Columbus Day: Monday, October 9
Veterans Day: Friday, November 10 and Saturday, November 11
Thanksgiving Day: Thursday, November 24
Christmas Eve: Sunday, Decemeber 24
Christmas: Monday, December 25
New Year's Eve: Sunday, December 31
New Years Day: Monday January 1
Redwood Library & Athenaeum is located at 50 Bellevue Avenue in Newport, R.I.
Below is a live page from Google Maps showing the location of the library. The "Get Directions" link can provide reliable driving directions from any street address. The Redwood library offers free parking to our visitors. Street parking is also available.
From the South or West:
- Follow Rt. 95 North to exit 3A in RI. Take Rt. 138 East. Follow until intersection at Rt. 1 and turn left on Rt.1 North. Look for Jamestown/Newport Bridge exit.
- Off Newport Bridge take Fall River exit and turn left at light in front of Newport Grand (casino). Follow until Broadway intersection and turn right.
- Follow Broadway until end and bear right. By the Thames Street intersection (stoplight), make a U-turn left and go up the hill, past the movie theaters, which will be on your right.
- Continue uphill on Touro Street, which becomes Bellevue Avenue. Redwood is on the left. Parking on Redwood St.
From the North:
- Take Interstate 93 South out of Boston to Rt. 24 South and follow to Rt. 114 South.
- Leading onto the island, follow West Main Road until you enter Newport and it becomes Broadway. Go straight as in the directions above.